Kosmík Therapy represents a unique concept linking classic rehabilitation with the latest discoveries in the field of neurology and neuroplasticity of the brain. AXON Clinic offers three or four weeks of intensive neurorehabilitation using the TheraSuit suit, which is also known as “cosmic outfit”. Our Physiotherapists also attended the official TheraSuit Method Course from its author, Izabella Koscielny.
The Kosmík Therapy is based on the latest findings in the field of neurology and physiotherapy. Its goal is to help the patient achieve the maximum possible progress. The magic of therapy Kosmík lies in its intensity and complexity.
It deals not only with the rehabilitation of muscles but also with the nervous system. It concentrates on the motor, sensory and cognitive abilities of the patient, and does not forget his mental state or regeneration. Kosmík Therapy includes several partial therapeutic methods: TheraSuit® neurorehabilitation (including heating, therapeutic massage, neuromobilization and exercise in TheraSuit® clothing or Spider Therapy®), stay in the Snoezelen multi-sensory room using sensory integration features, rehabilitation with the MOTOmed and through robotic devices, and regenerative oxygen therapy, which has a positive effect on nerve cell and synapse formation. A key part of therapy is patient motivation and education of parents (or nurses), whose goal is to maintain and develop patient progress even after therapy is over. The result of this comprehensive and intensive treatment is the permanent overwriting of the brain map and the creation or fixation of the right movement patterns.
WHAT IS Kosmík Therapy
Therapy Kosmík is intended for adult and pediatric patients with DMO, developmental retardation, rheumatoid arthritis, vestibular or sensory integration disorders, cerebrovascular patients, brain tumors, head trauma, spinal cord injury, orthopedic diagnosis, fractures – early rehabilitation, spina bifida with other diseases that arise at the level of the central nervous system.
Intensity and long-term therapy, combined with the integration of primitive reflexes, enables patients to make significant advances. Therapy leads to the creation of a new motion pattern – a new memory track.
PARTS OF THERAPY KOSMÍK
- peat pads, body preparation for exercise
- rhythmic approximation, ie, pressure creation into the joints
- brain thus receives information about the existence of the joint and the position and movement of the body in space
- stretching and loosening of spastic muscles, stimulation of hypotonic muscles
- gaining muscle strength with progressive resistance training in the pulley system – exercises with pulley weights in a special exercise cage (UEU)
- exercise in a TheraSuit suit – a special dynamic brace enabling the patient to move in all axes
- the costume has two basic functions: sensory, which creates consciousness about body movement and its position (proprioception), and correction when it is able to create muscle chains due to the pull of adjustable elastic bandages
- it affects the muscular and nervous system
- using the rehabilitation device MOTOmed – a treadmill designed for passive and active training of muscles of the lower and upper limbs;
- using computer-controlled, rehabilitation aids – such as the Tymo platform and the Pablo rehabilitation system
- a multi-sensory room equipped according to the Snoezelen concept is an environment that contains a variety of stimuli that affect all human senses and where its visitors feel safe
- may have a relaxing but also stimulating effect on the patient;
- breathing of oxygen-enriched air
- improves brain activity and regenerates tired muscles